I love seafood and so do my family. I grow up in an island were seafood most likely you can eat often.Finding fresh seafood in Western Country and you live far from the ocean is unrealistic so I settle a frozen one. It's not bad as you think, frozen one is my bet and how you cook is more important.
Am thankful, even I live far from the ocean I can still enjoy and buy seafood often. One of my favorite is Calamari. I cook it in different ways. My husband enjoyed simple ingredients. Calamari with garlic and butter recipe is one of my favorite recipe to make in the family.It's easy and simple to follow. The only thing you need is patient to prepared all the ingredients as I cooked from the scratch most of the time.
What is Calamari?
Calamari is squid and it's popular in restaurant in North America as an appetizer. Although, in Asia squid is popular to eat with rice.
How to cook Calamari?
You can cook calamari/squid in different ways. It depends your taste bud.My mood is important when cooking.
Calamari with Garlic and Butter Recipe:
1 lb frozen Calamari
1 pinch of salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1. Thaw the calamari and rinse.(Frozen one is already clean and ready to cook).
2. Dry the calamari using paper towel
3. Season the calamari with olive oil, garlic powder,pinch of salt and black pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Broil the calamari for about 2-5 minutes. Do not overcook.
5. Heat the butter in a saucepan, when it sizzle, add the garlic, and onion.
6.Transfer the calamari to a platter. Spoon sauce over the calamari and drizzle with lemon.